Pages

Friday, January 24, 2014

I Gave You My Number...I Thought You Might Call

Ladies and gents, meet the love of my life, Jim Moriarty.

DISCLAIMER: my debate partner indeed introduced me to Sherlock. Thanks to her (and as per her recommendation/prediction), Jim Moriarty is now in my life. Thank you Haley.

All goofiness aside, this is really just going to be a lighthearted post. Also, this post's title has a legit Moriarty quote. "I gave you my number...I thought you might call..."...all in this beautiful creepy ironic voice which gets me every time. And I planned this wonderful connection between the Moriarty quote and Christianity; you know, ever feel like you give God "your number" and expect Him to "call", and He just doesn't? You know, kind of like, "Father, I gave you my number. I thought you might call. And you haven't."

It's just...I don't want to write about serious topics today. Sorry.

Thus for once, I shall spare you guys of my endless thoughts/rambles. I'm actually just going to chat about some fun things in this post. Facts about Emily. I asked an adopted brother from R8 to determine five random questions for me to answer, and he's given me some interesting things to work with. So here we go.

1) What is your favorite politician and why?
My favorite politician...is a tie between Rick Santorum and Ron Paul. I just honestly adore those two men as people. I've met Santorum several times in person and, even though his policy ideals and morality are more conservative than I usually like, he's just a fabulous guy. I also basically adore Paul's policy. His blatant sarcasm is also beautiful. Insanely beautiful. Chris Christie deserves a spot here as well.

2) Why do you love Will so much?
  • He's my brother.
  • He's freaking hilarious.
  • His admitted lack of brain cells pump up my ego.
  • He has this adorable sweet side. You did not hear that from me.

3) If you could have any animal for a pet, what would it be and why?
I want a tiny, fuzzy white rabbit. If not purely for the ability to hold it and yell IT'S SOO FLUFFEH! Or a horse would be lovely.

4) If you could have any car, what would it be and why?
I desperately want an 80's Volkswagen Beetle. As for the "why"; why not? It's freakin awesome.

5) What is your favorite hobby, and why? 
I have a lot of hobbies. They're all my favorites; it depends on how I feel about the world at the moment (i.e, mood). I write songs, short stories, and poetry; I read a lot; I really adore making tea and coffee; I further adore drinking the tea and coffee; I hunt; of course I'm a sucker for debate/speech; I particularly enjoy watching my Netflix shows (Psych, Freaks and Geeks, and now Sherlock); listening to music may honestly be my most favorite; I also like snuggling (shout out to my baby brother here); I enjoy verbal spars which include primarily movie quotes, sarcasm, and moments of total insanity; I like hanging out with my debate peoples; I lovelovelove to dance....I am horrible at making decisions and thus I can't pick a favorite.

This thus closes your first introduction to things about me. You can also comment with question ideas of what I should answer next time. Muah. xoxox

-Em

2 comments:

  1. Questions for you: What makes you laugh the most? If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go and why? aaannnnd... favorite all time quote?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm. "What makes Emily laugh the most award" goes to...well-timed sarcasm. If I could go anywhere in the world, it would be London. At night. I want to seeeee iiiitttttt. Favorite all time quote is the speaking-part of Sanctuary by Paradise Fears. A bit long to post here. But incredibly incredible.

    ReplyDelete